This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Twr y Felin Hotel St Davids, Pembrokeshire SA62 6QT
Twr y Felin, a former windmill is Wales’ first contemporary art hotel, located in Britain’s smallest city, St Davids. Meticulously restored and extended, featuring contemporary design throughout, the hotel is now home to 19 ensuite bedrooms, two unique suites and over 100 pieces of specially commissioned art, inspired by the St Davids peninsula and Pembrokeshire.
Blas restaurant offers a menu influenced by the season and locality, Cornel Bar is a pre-dinner art lover’s snug, whilst Oriel Lounge is a dedicated gallery space. We welcome both resident and non-resident guests alike and are open daily for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks.
Set in its own private grounds, just a few hundred metres from the centre of St Davids and the 6th century St Davids Cathedral, Twr y Felin is also just a ten-minute walk to the Pembrokeshire Coast Path and the beach at Caerfai Bay. Opposite the hotel is Oriel y Parc National Park Visitor Centre and Gallery which displays the changing exhibitions of the National Museum Wales collections.
We are located within the city of St Davids, on Caerfai Road. For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the Contact Us & Location page of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by public transport using www.traveline-cymru.info, or by car, using http://www.theaa.com/route-planner. Simply enter your post code and ours, which is SA62 6QT to get your travel options or directions.
- The nearest airport to Twr y Felin Hotel is Cardiff Airport, 114 miles away.
- The nearest railway station is the town of Haverfordwest, 16 miles from St Davids. Trains from Haverfordwest connect with services at Swansea. Complimentary transfers are available for our guests travelling to Pembrokeshire by public transport, from Carmarthen or Haverfordwest train or bus station to Penrhiw Hotel, Twr y Felin Hotel and Roch Castle. Pre-booking is essential, subject to availability at the time of making your room reservation.
- The nearest bus stops for the 411 St Davids to Haverfordwest or 413 St Davids to Fishguard services (operated by Richards Bros) are located on New Street, approximately 500m away and outside Ysgol Dewi Sant, approximately 300m away. Both services operate between Monday and Saturday from approximately 07.30am to 7.00pm, visit www.richardsbros.co.uk for the latest timetables. There are also coastal bus services which operate from April to September each year, visit www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk and search for bus timetables for the latest information.
- The nearest shops are approximately 700m away via a country road with a slight hill.
- As Twr y Felin Hotel is a hypoallergenic venue, we do not accept dogs, and for the comfort of our guests, we do not allow dogs to be left in the car park overnight, we do of course welcome assistance dogs.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Twr y Felin Hotel has a gated entrance which leads onto a tarmacked driveway.
The car park is located directly outside of the hotel and set in the private grounds of the property.
Disabled bays are clearly marked and are located directly outside the main entrance.
- Access to our property is gained from the tarmacked car park, which leads into the Main Entrance and then into the tiled hallway and reception/welcome area.
- This outside area is well lit at night.
- Access to the main entrance is all at ground level.
There is a glass door that you push for access, this will take you in to a tiled hallway.
A second glass door will allow you access to the Main reception area.
- For late arrivals, you will be able to gain access by pressing the ‘call’ button to the right of the entrance and a member of staff will attend.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- There are twenty-one bedrooms at Twr y Felin Hotel, spread over two wings. Windmill Wing and Oriel Wing.
- There are ten rooms located in Oriel wing. Seven of which are all at ground level. The other three are accessed via a door to a staircase, that leads directly to each room. A hand rail is available on one side. Emergency exits are also available at the bottom of each staircase.
- There are eleven rooms located in the Windmill Wing. All of which are accessed via the lift from ground floor or via two staircases. Each staircase has lighting and handrails for support. There are small windows for ventilation. All bedrooms are accessed through a fire door on each floor and then individual doors to each room. All rooms are at ground level have access to the hallway.
- There is one suite on the second floor (Tyddewi Tower Suite) that has access to the Observatory Tower. This room consists of two floors, accessed via lit staircases and then access is provided to the Tower by a steep staircase and a small door. This staircase is not suitable for our less mobile guests. Once inside the observatory, standing room is available comfortably for approximately four people. There are raised platforms inside the observatory and seating that can be pulled out of its pocket. Original windows surround the Observatory, providing a 360 degree view of the surrounding area.
- Each bathroom is tiled floor to ceiling and all except one room have walk in shower cubicles. Each shower has individual temperature and power controls and an adjustable shower head. All shower flooring is non slip, however, bathmats are provided in each room.
- Room 123 has four steps leading down to the bathroom. Sliding wood doors allow access to the bathroom at the bottom of the stairs. The stairs are well lit.
- All rooms have a built in bath and one room has a free standing bath.
- Room 120 provides a shower head above the bath and is only accessed by stepping over the edge of the bath. A glass screen, which will open, prevents water escaping onto the floor.
- All rooms have sash windows for ventilation and individually controlled heating. This is either controlled at the radiator or by the dial on the wall for under floor heating.
- Your bed combines the highest quality Sealy mattress with luxuriant, hypo allergenic Comforel topper, pillows and duvet and 300 thread linens
- Each room has seating, bedside tables, bedside lamps, a wardrobe and desk.
- Flat screen Smart TV Sky TV package. With subtitles available. Digital radio with Bluetooth to connect external devices. Telephones for internal and external charged calls.
- All public areas, hall, stairs, and landings are well lit using a combination of floor, ceiling and table lamps.
- The main hallway is Portuguese limestone.
- The bar has solid wood flooring and has a large leather rug covering 70% of the floor. The seating area consists of leather chairs, solid wood tables and brushed velvet sofas. Emergency exits are located here.
- The main reception area has limestone flooring with large leather rugs to each seating area. The main walkways are exposed limestone and allow easy access to adjoining rooms.
- Access to the Oriel wing is through the tiled hallway, to the right of the Main Entrance.
- The public toilets on the ground floor, which are accessed by the main hallway and are accessed via one door. There are separate toilets for ladies and gentlemen.
- An accessible toilet is adjacent to the public toilets and provides ample room for both disabled access and baby changing facilities.
- The stairs are wooden with non-slip grip on each step and hand rails for assistance.
- The hotel is fully centrally heated throughout, temperatures can be adjusted via radiator or by the dial on the wall, in each room, to suit individual requirements.
- There are automatic audible smoke alarms in the main and upper halls, bedrooms, reception areas and kitchen.
- Each room has a wooden floor and large windows allowing plenty of natural light, supplemented by adjustable overhead lights and floor lamps.
- There is a fridge in each room, located below the desk.
- In Blas Restaurant, there is seating for 36 people at wooden tables with leather seated chairs.
- In the Oriel, there is a large carpet covering 80% of the floor. This sits on top of the limestone tiles.
- The Oriel provides an open plan seating area with access to the lower floor bedrooms and exits to the outside terraces.
- To the right of the Oriel, are French doors allowing access to the paved terrace. There are a number of table and chairs available to sit at.
- At the far end of the Oriel, French doors allow access to the terrace and lawns.
- Wooden doors to the left of the Oriel, allow access to six bedrooms, five of which are ground floor rooms and one upper floor. Each of which have a private terrace area with furniture.
- Wooden doors to the right of the Oriel provide access to two ground floor rooms, each with additional private access doors and two upper floor rooms, both with additional Juliet balcony doors.
- There is a bedroom on this floor that provides access for guests that require wheelchair access or an accessible bathroom.
- All open areas are available for guests to use and enjoy the hotel’s wide collection of artwork.
- There are landscaped gardens, all at ground level, located at the front of the property. There are picnic benches, sun loungers and tables and chairs for guests use.
- There are ‘In Case of Fire’ instructions located in the guest manual, which is kept in the desk drawer in each bedroom. This is explained to each guest on arrival. Evacuation routes are also available on the inside of each Bedroom door. This will show you the quickest available route for you to evacuate the property.
- There is an information folder for each of the bedrooms with maps giving information on NHS facilities, local restaurants/pubs, travel, theatres and local golf facilities.
- Wi-Fi facilities are also available throughout the property
- We are happy to cater for special diets or particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of your dietary requirements.
- We can refrigerate prescription medication and additionally store any perishable food in our fridge for a limited period.
- Mobile phone reception at Twr y Felin is Hotel generally good.
Address: Twr y Felin Hotel, St Davids Pembrokeshire. SA62 6QT
Telephone: +44 (0)1437 725 555
Hours of Operation: 9.00am to 7.00pm
Taxis: Tony’s Taxis +44 (0)1437 720 931 / Frank’s +44 (0)1437 721 731 /Morgan’s Taxis +44 (0)7788 292 976
Local Public Transport: Richards Bros www.richardsbros.co.uk, Pembrokeshire County Council Coastal Bus Service www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk (search for bus timetables), general enquiries www.traveline.info.